Marielle Segarra, WHYY/Newsworks
– A group of lawmakers is hoping to put stricter requirements on companies that get money from the state, as well as the agency that monitors them.
Anuj Gupta, Citified/Philly Mag
– City policy is short-sighted, unrealistic and undermines millions of dollars of taxpayer investment.
Ryan Briggs, Daily News
– In Northeast Philadelphia, an increasingly vicious battle is brewing for control over a largely white, middle-class section of the city.
The Notebook staff
– People can look through the reports and submit public comment by Sunday, Feb. 1, three days from now. Comments can be emailed, dropped off at District headquarters, or mailed.
Nicolas Esposito, Hidden City
– When lawyer Amy Laura Cahn joined the Public Interest Law Center of Philadelphia in 2010, she took over for her predecessor who was in the midst of combating poor air quality issues in the Hunting Park neighborhood.
Randy LoBasso, Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
– Good news everyone: A Center City Police District has finally unveiled their bike registry Pilot program. Residents of that neighborhood can now use a website to register their bike with the local police district in case it gets stolen.