Laura Benshoff, Newsworks
– Some groups are worried about reduced capacity to serve the homeless in Philadelphia this year. The Office of Supporting Housing’s “winter initiative plan,” which outlines the city’s winter resources and beds, has not been made public.
Sam Wood, Philly.com
– Deadly police shootings in Philadelphia have fallen by 75 percent after the police department implemented a number steps last year aimed at reducing the use of lethal force.
Larry Miller, Philadelphia Tribune
– Gov. Tom Corbett has signed death warrants authorizing the executions of three men convicted of murder. One of those men killed Philadelphia police officer Lauretha Vaird in 1996.
James Jennings, Passyunk Post
– The holiday season is a special time to decorate the house, be thankful for and spend time with your loved ones and take the time to help someone in need.
Christopher Wink, Technical.ly Philly
– With a year left in his administration, the Nutter legacy is currently being written. At a recent event, some wondered whether his work on open data will survive after he’s gone.
Claudia Vargas, The Inquirer
– Philadelphia has been selected as one of the three finalists in the heated contest to host the 2016 Democratic National Convention.
To receive daily news digests emailed to your inbox, subscribe to us. You can also connect with us on Twitter and Facebook.