Aubrey Whelan, The Inquirer
– Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey on Tuesday launched the first of a series of wide-ranging hearings on police policy and community trust in his role as the head of a presidential task force aimed at addressing national concerns on policing. (Editor’s note: We’ve put together some highlights from the event here.
Carolyn Beeler, Newsworks
– During his 2008 inaugural address, Mayor Michael Nutter set a lofty goal: make Philadelphia the greenest city in America.
Tim Jimenez, CBS 3
– Nazareth Academy Grade School in the Northeast is closed today because many of the students are experiencing “flu-like symptoms.”
Mark Dent, Billy Penn
– Kathleen Kane used to be so popular. In 2012, fresh off becoming Pennsylvania’s first elected female attorney general, she was potentially a future candidate for governor. Now? Not so much.
Joel Mathis, Philly Mag
– Pay no attention to those gloomy statements coming out of the city’s long-established newspapers: Philadelphia’s media scene is growing by leaps and bounds!