Emily Babay, Philly.com
– Pope Francis may visit a children’s hospital or a juvenile detention center when he is in Philadelphia later this year for the World Meeting of Families, the Catholic New Agency reports.
Kevin McCorry, Philadelphia Public School Notebook
– Should there be more charter schools in Philadelphia? That’s the question being weighed by the School Reform Commission as it reviews 40 applications from operators hoping to open new schools. With the race to become Philadelphia’s next mayor heating up, the candidates were asked to contemplate the issue.
Tom MacDonald, Newsworks
– SEPTA is moving forward with its new fare collection system, with testing just around the corner.
– Council hears proposed amendments to the City Charter and more. City Hall, Room 400 – 10 a.m. to 1pm.
Isabella Fidanza, Hidden City Philadelphia
– Development pressure is growing substantially in Philadelphia as the real estate market continues to improve. The pressure is deep and wide, impacting many neighborhoods across the city. It’s what accounts for much of this year’s list of lost buildings–demolished to make way for new uses.