Here’s why Michael Nutter wants $5 million for a new prison site
Holly Otterbein, Philly Mag
– It would replace the antiquated House of Correction. Or would it?
Fire Department must act on sad lessons from fatal blaze
– We know enough now about the death of Firefighter Joyce Craig to say that many things went wrong the night she lost her life battling a West Oak Lane basement blaze.
Rep. Curtis Thomas sponsors bill to install surveillance cameras on school bus exteriors
PA State Legislature site
– Click through to read the bill.
Guest commentary: Immigration reform can help Philly get international talent
Min Suh, Esq. and Gregory J. Eck, Esq., Philadelphia Business Journal
– The public debate over immigration reform has focused largely on what to do about the nearly 12 million undocumented immigrants in the United States.
Green will not challenge removal as SRC chair
Solomon Leach, Daily News
– Bill Green is throwing in the towel – but not because he thinks he’s wrong.