DNC visits Philadelphia as decision on 2016 convention nears
Hope Yen, Associated Press
– A delegation from the Democratic National Committee visited Philadelphia on Wednesday as it nears a decision on which city should host its 2016 convention.
Potential mayoral candidate Milton Street threatens to sue over false ‘felon’ label
Chris Brennan, The Inquirer
– T. Milton Street Sr., the former state Senator who ran for mayor in 2011 while on supervised release after serving time in federal prison, wants Philadelphia voters to know he is no felon.
Ask the mayoral candidates: How would you solve Philadelphia’s kindergarten conundrum?
Brian Hickey, Mayor Ninety-Nine/Newsworks
– As part of a regular series leading up to Philadelphia’s May 19 mayoral primaries, NewsWorks will pose a question of the declared candidates.
City looks to expand tax credits for community development
Jared Brey, PlanPhilly
– Last week, a City Council committee voted to recommend a bill that would increase the city’s tax credit for Community Development Corporations, non-profit groups that invest in affordable housing and other neighborhood-serving projects.
Keep an eye out for two missing persons in West Philly
Mike Lyons, West Philly Local
– Police are asking for the community’s help to find two people who went missing in West Philly this week.