Jessica McDonald, Newsworks
– The bioethics advisory panel for President Obama has come out against the 21-day quarantines of those exposed to Ebola that New Jersey and other states adopted in response to the West African epidemic.
Eyes on the Street/Plan Philly
– City Council President Darrell Clarke has spent recent months advancing a plan to reorganize the city’s planning and development functions into a new cabinet-level Department of Planning and Development through a change to the city charter.
Namita Gohil, The Daily Pennsylvanian
– Although the idea of reestablishing a life after physical, mental, verbal and psychiatric trauma seems inconceivable, this is the grim reality for victims of human sex trafficking.
Jon Geeting, PlanPhilly
– Ex-Councilman and current mayoral contender Jim Kenney has been a prominent advocate for pedestrian safety for some time on City Council, and that came through in our Q&A with him this week. During our interview at his office, the topic that most seemed to animate Kenney was construction site sidewalk blockages.
Taylor Farnsworth, Passyunk Post
– Do you have an idea for the improvement of Newbold, but not the means to put it into action? The Newbold Neighbors Association is introducing a Microgrant Program to help fund your ideas to improve the community.